Running a business is not the easiest job in the world. But if you love what you do, you will never have any problems with working hard, making long hours and sometimes even endure the stress of things not going the way you would want them to go.
Whenever the going gets rough, it’s good to take a few minutes to relax, take a step back and reflect on the positive things around you. To help you in this process, we’ve collected some quotes about leadership for you.
When you feel the need for it, stop working and read some of these quotes. They will definitely help you to regain that positive force you have been building your business on.
- “All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time. This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership.” —John Kenneth Galbraith
- “He who has learned how to obey will know how to command.” —Solon
- “Leadership is the key to 99 percent of all successful efforts.” —Erskine Bowles
- “Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men–the other 999 follow women.” Groucho Marx
- “I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.” Lao Tzu
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
- “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” – Max Lucado
- “To lead people, walk behind them.” – Lao Tzu
- “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
- “Successful leaders see the opportunities in every difficulty rather than the difficulty in every opportunity.”- Reed Markham
- “One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.” —Arnold Glasow
- “To do great things is difficult; but to command great things is more difficult.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Whatever you are, be a good one. “—Abraham Lincoln
- “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.” —John Maxwell
- “Don’t find fault, find a remedy.”- Henry Ford